Eagles Nest (Nid d’Aigle) offers birds-eye view of the Seychelles
There is no doubt, the Seychelles are high on many of traveler’s wanderlust list. One of the gems in this archipelago’s crown is La Digue Island, surrounded by crystallized waters and amazing beaches which are ranked in the top of most beautiful beaches in the world.
On La Digue Island, you will find exotic natural beauty at its best in the lush tropical forests and palm groves that amaze you. Alongside the gorgeous landscape, you will be impressed by the divine Creole cuisine and the friendly locals that make you feel like home.
Touch heaven at La Digue Island
Nid D’Aigle, or Eagle’s Nest in English, is the highest point of La Digue Island and a must see experience for all tourists to the island. You can get to the top of Eagle’s Nest and see the stunning views over the neighboring islands of Praslin, Ile Coco, Felicité, Marianne and Curieuse. Reaching the top of Eagle’s Nest it will make you feel like you can reach out and feel closer to heaven in one of the world’s most beautiful locations.
How to get to Nid D’Aigle
If you want to hike to the top of the island you should depart from La Passe, following the road that guides you up to Snack Bellevue. From there you take the narrow walking track that starts behind the Snack Bellevue. After walking for approximately 15 minutes, you will reach a crossroads on a ridge. There you turn right and follow the path for a further 10 minutes until you reach Nid d’Aigle. Visitors should be aware that the Eagle’s Nest is not signposted.
Tips and Tricks
– don’t forget the water, the Seychelles are in a warm, tropical climate, so don’t forget to pack at least one bottle. The hike is more than a walk to the top, and it will make you sweat – a lot! You will need to be prepared to stay hydrated.
– If you are not the biggest hiking fan, it is possible to limit the walking time and still make it to the top. You can get transport to the Snack Bellevue and from there to walk the rest of the road until you reach the top of the island. Walking the road up to Snack Bellevue is the most challenging part of the experience. After that, you are surrounded by forest and sea breezes.
– It is best to leave early in the morning when the sun is not too hot since the heat of the sun combined with the high humidity can make the hike a challenge.
– Biking is not recommended because the road is very steep
– Enjoy a cool drink and admire the amazing views at Snack Bellevue en route. It’s located on the way to Nid D’Aigle, so you can’t miss it! This is also a great location for a cold refreshing cocktail, these are made in front of you with fresh exotic fruits that you can select yourself to create your own yummy cocktail. Give them a try as a treat after conquering the walk!